Welcome to our COVID response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how P.S. 140X is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection. We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Face coverings will be optional on school grounds for students in Kindergarten through grade 12 beginning Monday, March 7. Students and faculty in 3-K and Pre-K must continue wearing masks.
- Hand washing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing is required at all times. Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 100°F must stay home and notify the school. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you quarantine for a minimum of 14 days and notify the school.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
List of Providers Offering Free Wifi or Special Accomodations for 60 Days
Offering free public Wi-Fi for 60 Days to families who do not have a subscription already.
Call: 1-855-846-8376 for English Enrollment
Call: 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish Enrollment
Comcast Free Public Wi-Fi
Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100 Mbps.
Charter Communications Free Wi-Fi Access
For households with K-12 and/or college students who may be displaced due to school closures and who do not a currently have home internet access, we are offering our Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband solution for free for 60 days to any new customer household within our footprint.
Call: 866 – 200 – 9522 to enroll in Optimum Region
Call: 888 – 633 – 0030 to enroll in Suddenlink Region
Altice USA Free Broadband Announcement
New York City is offering "Free and Low-Cost Internet Options" through different programs for DOE students and families.
Technology Support for Student Devices
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully continue to use their COVID-19 Remote Learning Device for in-person instruction and at-home homework or activities.
- If your children experience internet-connectivity issues with their iPads, they can request help through the Technical Support for Families form.
- COVID-19 Remote Learning Devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location. Students should bring their devices and chargers to school every day.
- If you are not able to get internet hooked up in your home, your child's teacher will work with you to provide alternative offline assignments.
- If the iPad or charger is broke, please make sure your child brings the broken item to their teacher.